Monday, December 23, 2013

January, here I come!

Thanks for reading!!  :) My head is full of ideas and house is full of projects.  My home, a farmhouse in the middle of a cotton field, is a product of love and thrift store finds that I want to spend this new year pulling together into a finished product.



A little about me:  I'm a Mom, Wife and closet Trekie.  Rick Steve's and cheese in a can make me happy.  I'm a yardsale and thrift store girl through and through.  I come from a long line of "pants wearers".  (That's how I refer to all the strong, amazing and slightly stubborn women who had a hand in raising me)  I have a BA in HISTORY,  history people!  A far cry from design of any form, I'm aware.  So, laugh with me (or at me) as I move forward. 

So, I've read the blogs and posts of others for a long time, always admiring their courage to put themselves out there.  By trial and error, I've taught myself to paint, sand, saw, cover, sew and generally make what I couldn't afford.  I've decided it's time to start sharing and my inspiration has come from 3 1/2 lovely ladies.

First, was Ms. Molly
 -she shares her home and travels with us from Germany where her husband is currently stationed.  Love her amazing BARN home!

Second was  Miss Mustard Seed
-She started her blog and business as much out of love as necessity... boy can I relate.. and her style is just phenomenal!

I did say 3 and 1/2, lastly was Whitney and little Lizzie.  Whitney, a friend of a friend, does not blog about her home because she rarely sees it these days.  She is documenting the journey of her family with new daughter Lizzie and her struggle to survive.  These girls currently spend their days in the PICU of a Texas hospital.

There's nothing left to do, but to do it.   My hope for this blog is that I'll focus on the projects I've struggled to finish, tackle the tasks that scare me and maybe it will inspire someone else to do the same...

                                                           January, here I come!!
 

No comments: