Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas to All

Merry Christmas!

     Well I suppose January didn't come fast enough.  We have 3 rounds of Christmas with the families and we are between 1 and 2 so I couldn't wait to share my Christmas present!  My machine broke two years ago and I've been using a borrowed machine from a friend who had no interest in sewing.
                                                                   BUT NOW.....





Can you believe it?! Best Husband Ever AWARD or what?? He jokingly said, "I don't think you got this excited when I proposed." Frankly, he may be right ;)

Anyway, after a quick pan of canned biscuits, the kids took off with their loot like squirrels with nuts.
                                              Of course that left me free to play!!
My real curiosity was how heavy a weight fabric this baby could handle.  I want to replace my  flimsy slip covers with some real ones this year.  Luckily, it came with a zipper foot and heavy weight needle.  So, I found some fabric and let it fly.  This is not a tutorial, by any means, I just wanted to play with my new toy and share along the way. 


I didn't have much fabric so, I decided on an easy pillow.  I cut two long rectangles and several strips for ruffle. I sewed the strips together (shown above) and realized....

WOW!  This thing is amazing.


Since this was an on the fly kind of pleated ruffle I didn't iron it.  I just folded the strip in half and pleated it as I sewed.  I've got to tell you, it handled the layers like a champ!


I like to wrap my fill in batting since it makes for a smoother pillow.


And of course, I had to go make the bed to take this last one but, I just love it!!!
Like I said, this was just for fun to play with my new machine.  I'm so excited and it makes me even more ready to get this started!

Have a wonderful day with your family and friends.  I'll see you soon :)














No comments: