Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A little paint and no power

Anybody out there live under a rock?  I only ask because I wonder if it's as cold under there as it has been in the rest of the country.  I assure you the south was not spared.  We've had temps as low as 5!  This morning our power was out for about 3 hours.  I'm just grateful it wasn't any longer. With it being this cold I've not been able to do big painting down in the basement like I'd planned.  So, I've spread out some sheets (because I used all the drop cloths on my chairs) and played with my new milk paint.  This stuff is amazing!! I can't say enough good things.  The color was so rich and the finish is gorgeous.  I'm hooked.  I'm using Miss Mustard Seeds French Enamel to start. 
                                     I'm starting with the black buffet in the dining room.




                                      

 It comes in a powder and you mix it with water.  you can make it extremely thin to use as a glaze or thick to use as a paint.  I went somewhere in between.  One good coat was enough.







                                        
The resolution is poor, on purpose.  I just wanted to give a peak at the color :)  I should have it done by the weekend.  When I do, I'll give the full step by step.  I love it so far.  Ironstone(a gray-white) is January's color of the month and it's what I'm using for the drawers.  I want to paint EVERYTHING!!




No comments: