Monday, January 6, 2014

Two Thumbs

What has two thumbs and a mild addiction to British television and thrift stores?  Yep, this GIRL!  In the winter I can't get my yard sale fix so I often spend my lunch rummaging though shelves of second-hand stores.   I've gotten my circle down to an art.  There are a total of 6 in the loop and I can hit 3 in an hour.  The Bonus: no matter which 3 I hit, I can still end at the Taco Bell drive thru for a quick double-decker taco before I'm back to work :)

 
My kind of heavy metal!  No idea what these were used for in their first life, but in their new life, they will hold my small sewing notions -$3 each
 
 

4 flawless Ironstone plates -$1 each!!!!
 
 
Now, these were actually a freebie from a lady I work with.  She plays piano at her church and doesn't use these anymore.
When she gave them to me, I asked as gently as I could,
"you know I'm going to tear them up, right?"
She laughed and said yes, it was ok.  She brought me 2 of these and I'm guessing they're about 40 years old, so the pages have a great yellow patina!  I plan to make one of the nifty paper wreaths I've seen a few of here lately. 
 
I'm not alone right?  Surely, some of you thrift your lunch? 
 
 
 

No comments: