Thursday, February 6, 2014

But, we're hungry Mama

Well I know kids, but Mama spent the grocery money on new throw pillow.  Now, lets all go sit in the living room and look at the pretty pillows.  No, not really, I'm just doing that exaggerating thing again.  But, when a thrifty person spends $45 on pre-made pillows, that's what it feels like.  Pretty though, huh!?
I got 4 of the blue ones at Home Goods and the yellow is a 36" long, vintage fabric pillow I found at the thrift store for $3!  So, that softened the sting of buying the blue ones :)  The blue are a trellis print and they are down.. That's the other way I justified this...They're down!  The inserts alone would have cost me that, if I'd tried to make them myself.

Eventually I'd like to replace the sofa, but it's pretty far down on the list since it's still in great shape and even the fabric is holding up well.  Also, it's neutral enough to go with anything new I throw at it.  

I'm sure you've noticed that my posts have slowed.  Well, I'm still trying to find my balance between the regular 9-5 job, creating new pieces for my shop, this blog, and keeping my husband supplied with iced tea and socks.  Even as busy as I stay, I'm still enjoying it.  It's getting easier and I have no shortage of things I want to share with you.  I've been working on the bathroom! 
 I've redone an awesome little corner cabinet and I can't wait to share!

Tomorrow, however, will be a special post...  and it won't have a thing to do with my home...hmmm?! :)


No comments: