Sunday, August 3, 2014

My Firehouse Farewell






Some of you know this week, I left my space at Firehouse Antiques.  I've learned so much in the time I was there.  However, I've decided that the drive is just not practical.  It usually takes about 4 hours roundtrip.  I need a space that I can get to whenever the mood strikes me and restock often. 
I can't say enough great things about these people.  They were all so encouraging from beginning to end.  As I drove away, the last thing said was, "If you change your mind, just call."  It made me feel so good.  Being at Firehouse gave me the confidence to know I can do this successfully. 
So, for now I have brought home the few things that were left in my shop. 
We cleaned out the storm shelter downstairs (since it isn't storm season, we'll be ok) and I'm using it as storage for big stuff and new pieces I'm still working on.  Living in Alabama, humidity is an issue and even with the dehumidifier, there's some things I can't leave in the shelter.  Paper and fabric items are now living in my foyer, until I decide on a new location.














My books are now upstairs also.  I took these while we were unloading.

I have a few places in mind, but I don't want to rush into anything.  I'll keep you posted!
Happy Sunday :)

No comments: