Sunday, October 12, 2014

Hallowthankmas Begins

Well, I didn't wake up with the intention of working on Christmas before Halloween, but it just happened.  I found out this week that our town square open house will be the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I was determined that I wouldn't display Christmas before Thanksgiving, but I'm afraid I'll just have to give in on this one. 
This morning I drove to the shop to pick up the small table I was working on yesterday.  On the way I stopped at Wal-Mart for milk and eggs.  One thing led to another and before I knew it, I had a few odds and ends for projects I've been meaning to play around with. 


The first was mercury glass containers.  I tend to hang on to things even though I don't always know what I'll use them for.  Same was true for the candle holders I used at Eric's 40th birthday.  Today those found their purpose.  I'm still playing with process.  More on that later.

I love paper.  I tore pages out of my son's out of date college literature book, mod-podged them to craft paper and slathered on the glitter.  There's more to this, but again that's a post for later.

I was already coated in mod-podge so, I tackled the thift store Christmas balls I picked up on our weekend at Lake Guntersville.  I used torn strips of sheet music and again, slathered on the glitter.  I have LOTS of these so they're no where near finished.

I also finally got around to making a wreath with the boxwood's I preserved a while back.
I hung this to take a couple pictures and realized how much I'm looking forward to Christmas this year!  :) Fingers crossed my enthusiasm lasts long enough to get the shop AND the 
house ready for Christmas.

Happy Sunday friends and relations.

No comments: