Sunday, October 19, 2014

Practically Free Fall Table Pretties

When I was little I spent alot of time with my Great-Grandmothers.  Each had their own unique phrases and vocabulary that now make me smile when I think of them.
If I left my toys in the floor, my
Grandma Marietta would say, "Don't forget to pick up your pretties."  My toys have changed a little over the years and now it's my job to leave my "pretties" around for all to see.

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to attend a local fundraiser dinner.
The dinner was supposed to be held in the middle of an orchard, next to a pond on a perfect southern October night.  The weather decided otherwise.
No matter.  The hosting family moved the dinner to a close by venue and all
went off without a hitch. 


Y'all know I do love food and this was some of the best I've ever had.  However, the night wouldn't have been the same without these...


Stuffed mushrooms from Endless Catering.  I coulda ate my WEIGHT in these things.
The pictures are not mine.  You can see more on the Spirit of Athens facebook page.

But what I really want to show you are the tables!


Just look.  Cotton, burlap, apples, mason jars and wine bottles come together to create a gorgeous fall table.  Around here these things are in abundance.


Done by local art students, these little paintings were the take-away for guests.
I snagged mine, my Sisters, and my Dad's, with their permission of course. :)

I don't attend many events like this so it was definitely a treat.  Thanks for the invite, Steven.
I had an amazing time.

But what I really want you to think about is this;
It just goes to show you DON'T
have to spend a lot to get a lot.  Use what you have.  What is in abundance where you live??


No comments: