Sunday, December 29, 2013

Feel free to make your own drum roll noise :)

Ta Da...

     Christmas brouhaha is finally down and away and I'm ready to show you a little bit of what I'm working with.  As I said, I live in a farmhouse built in the late 1940's in the middle of an Alabama cotton field.  What you are seeing is a little rough since I've decided NOT to put back some of my everyday things after the Christmas stuff came down.  Believe it or not I HAVE A PLAN! :)  I have chosen my colors and know the direction I want to go.  My go-to color has been red for as long as I can remember.  It's time to let it go.  I will get rid of some things, I will paint some things, I will cover some things and I will probably make a mess of some things.  I hope this year includes some serious purging too.  I have way too much junk.

     Without further ado...


The PLAN!  These are few things I've picked up so far.  I love the look of ticking and muslin.  I'm going to try really hard to pace myself, but make no promises.  I'd also like to think that I will tackle one room at a time, but good deals don't work that way and neither does my patience.  I'll complete projects as time and money allows. 

     Santa was very good to me this year, so I've already started buying a few things, but I'm stashing them away for a little bit longer.



My awesome built-in

I made this table from a $5 fireplace mantle and the chairs were $15 each from the Rescue Mission thrift store.  I always try to donate back to them when I can, they are an awesome organization. The chairs are currently covered in burlap and a waverly curtain panel.

Barn wood coat rack and pictures of each of  the kiddos.




These are a hand me down from my parents.  They were originally the side pieces from the following entertainment center.

This big guy did look like the cabinets above.  I painted him in December, loved it and knew it was the beginning of the end :)

and more cotton!  "Cotton on the road side, cotton in the ditch".. The sight of a rolling cotton field has the same effect on me as a day at the spa for some people.

I'm so fortunate to have amazing artists in my family.  The picture on the buffet isn't so clear, but it's a wolf my dad did in college.  The one on the floor is one he did for me for Christmas this year!  He doesn't have a home yet.  This buffet belonged to my MamaLouise and I can just already see the finished product that it will be.

Love this cabinet, but you guessed it... it will definantly get a face-life in the coming months!
The charcoal drawings were done by my Grandpa in the 1960's.

Last, but not least...MY MAP.  :)  It's a 1960s classroom map of my home state still in it's original metal mount!  It's a yard sale find for $20.  The painting was done by my daughter a couple years ago.

So, there you have it.  You just don't know how excited I am to make this happen.  Slowly, I'll show you the rest of the house.  Hopefully, this was enough to make you curious!
 See you soon!



















No comments: