Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goodies for the stash

My husband works a lot. ALOT.  At least once a week, I request that he show his face in daylight hours so I don't forget who I'm married to.  But, yesterday was a rare treat.  We spent most of the day together doing some junking.  I know I should call it antiquing, but lets just be honest here.  I'm cheap.  Anyso, we rode over to a store called Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsboro, AL.  The store's been around for years and if you're willing to look you can find some pretty awesome stuff.  My husband enjoys the trip for the military/camping gear that he can get for a fraction of retail.  I find things occasionally.  The real treat for me is spending time with him ...well, and the plethora of junk stores along the way :)  I found a few goodies that I'm stashing away.  I'm holding off putting things out until I'm ready to bring a room together. 


Nothing super fancy, just neat stuff that I enjoy for little money.  The pillow cases you see were a late Christmas present from my mom.  Haven't decided if I'll use them as intended just yet.  Of course I'll let you know...

BUT, the real treat and the thing I've been waiting for...
MILK PAINT!  I can't wait to try it.  I chose French Enamel and Ironstone.  I'm going to start with the black buffet in the dining room.  You remember, the one with all the stuff piled on it.  I can't wait to get home and play!!

I'll let you know how it goes! :)

No comments: