Saturday, January 18, 2014

It was the Cotton Queen, in the Dining Room, with the Paint Brush!


 CLUE anyone?  Today's the day!! My first full room reveal/tour.  Just a quick reminder of 
the before...


 
 I tried to be neutral, but failed and frankly it was just bland.

BUT now....

I decided to mix fabrics on the curtains and I'm pretty happy with the result.




The Buffet.  Simple.  I never could find lampshades I like(for price I liked)  so, I've covered those for now.  The soup tureen was a thrift store find for $4.  I made the wreath, discussed earlier.  Everything else, I already had.

And, the elephant in the corner.  Moved to the opposite corner and filled with my Mama Louise's china and a few odds and ends that I just like.  Emily finished the goat!  Just in case you're really into goat paintings, YES you may have seen this one before.  I saw one I liked with a very LARGE price tag.  So, my sweet and talented Emily painted something similiar for me.  

And here's the piece I did not show you in the original befores.  It's a pie safe that used to live in the hall just outside the bathroom.  It's painted with MMSMP Ironstone.  I thought it deserved a little more than a dark hall (plus the hall was a bit crowded).  It has seen better days, but that makes me like it all the more.  I love the plates and horse TOGETHER.  Alone, the plates could seem a little stuffy, but I think the playful horse changes the look. 

left: I already had both crocks, but I think they stand out now.  right:  My Dad's art.  And the blue one is the Great Hall at Hogwarts... in case you were wondering :)  Thanks Dad! I love it.


Well, there you have it!  There's a couple things I might replace if I come across them, but I'm very happy with the result so far.  I'm considering a jute rug when the budget allows. 

I hope you like and you'll stick around for the rest :)
See you soon!



2 comments:

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Just gorgeous. I think a jute rug would be the perfect finishing touch. I have the Tarnby from IKEA (in my master bedroom) which is large and pretty affordable. Beautiful job :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful words. My family is so encouraging, but it's always nice to hear from another blogger!!