Friday, January 17, 2014

Nanny Chairs

  In the living room we have large overstuffed furniture that is perfect for the kids and movie nights.  It's less perfect for 4'10" Grandmothers (Nanny's) who come for lunch on Sunday afternoon.  We've known we needed a little more seating. So, when I found these at the Rescue Mission Thrift store, I knew they were perfect!  Short, round, straight back, but well padded... the chairs- not the Nanny's. Nanny chairs!  Here's what they looked like when I brought them home.




And here's the first attempt at covering them.. I used a curtain panel and some burlap I had leftover.  Not bad, but we can do better :)


And now...


Once again, I used the trusty drop-clothes.  Lessons learned the first time went a long way this time.  I already had the pillows, I just recovered them in a fabric to match the new rug.  I just love the casters, we can roll them where ever we need them!  With a family the size of ours, there's no telling where we'll need them.

Happy Friday!



No comments: