Monday, February 17, 2014

Coffee With Zombies At Downton... Anyone?

I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things, things that keep me on track.  A couple of which can even be found in my bug-out bag for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.  Just kidding, there's been much 
Walking Dead chatter at our house for the last two weeks.  I try to watch it.  I love the story line, but have a hard time getting past, you know, the Zombies.  So, I watch Downton Abbey then watch Talking Dead and keep up that way :) Clever, right?

Let's just start at the beginning shall we....

Coffee.  Coffee.  Coffee.  I start every morning with coffee.  I'm not really picky about brands.  I'm lucky enough to have a brother who travels frequently.  He brings me varieties from all over the world.  

Plaster of Paris is what I mix into latex paint.  It gives that great matte finish.  Gorilla Glue- Many road side finds have been saved by wood glue.  Frog Tape- I use this on any surface and it WORKS.. Remember the chair cushions?
ANY surface.  

This is something my mother found first and I just love it.  Egyptian Cotton Spray!  
I prefer the Kohl's brand.

 
Twine speaks for itself.  It's priceless.  Decorative and useful, I keep a couple rolls at all times.


Mason Jars-  I use these more than I use twine. 
 Left: The cabinet where I keep school supplies organized. Right: Canned squash & tomatoes from last year. 

  These hold cocoa, tea bags, and chocolate shavings.  Yes, I have a hot beverage bar and this is only a small portion of it.  Don't judge.  Oh, we drink ice tea out of them too.


I try to live life by these words.  In short, I always try to look for the good in any situation.  Sometimes it isn't easy.  But, even when the outcome is a lesson in what NOT to do, I try to be optimistic.

And at the end of the day, if I'm out of wax and good thoughts... I pull out all the stops...


There you have it.  A few of my favorite things.  Don't worry, I won't break into song.

What are some of your favorite things?



No comments: