Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Funday

My mother/father/dog-in-law will be here this morning.  They live about two hours away and try to come at least once a month.  I love it when they visit because, in addition to bringing food, it's a total day off.  The down side is, it's a total day off.  There's quite a few things I need to get finished, but it's just not going to happen today.  My grandparents downsized last year from a 3000 sq ft, 4 bedroom home to a 3 bedroom of half the size.  Since I started my little shop, they've been giving me things that don't have a place in their new space.  Don't panic, these aren't heirlooms, just odds and ends they've gathered over the years.

How great are these chairs?!
They all need some love and I can't wait to get at it, just not today.  I started slipcovering one and that's as far as I've gotten.  I'm really excited to get to the glider!  I'm going to paint it white and do a modern pink fabric on the cushions.   It will be less appealing to just anybody, but since it was a freebie I can be a little more daring to wait for the right buyer to come along. 

But I REALLY can't wait to dig into these!
I'm not certain that I'll let the secretary go.  I've been wanting one.  I have a small office area set up in the kitchen, but I rarely use it because it's so far from everyone.  We'll see...
Both I found for a steal on my local Facebook yardsale site.  If your area doesn't have one, you should consider starting one.  I love it.  Lots of perks to this that Craigslist can't offer.  Mainly, you can see openly who you are dealing with in any transaction.  Of course, I live in a small town and we all know each other anyway.  

Everybody dies famous in a small town.  :)  -a truer line, never uttered.
Happy Sunday

No comments: