Sunday, February 23, 2014

Galvanized Organized and Recognized

I finished the vanity today and I'm really happy with it.



My sister has been in town this weekend from Indiana.  This morning we drove up to one of my favorite flea markets and spent a couple hours walking through.  This is probably our first great weather weekend of the year and sellers were out in full force.  I found some great stuff too.

When she comes to town it's always a race to spend time with everyone in just a short weekend.  So frequently, the time I spend with her is interjected with texts and calls from others.  This morning was no different.  I knew she wasn't listening to me, but I just kept right on talking.  I was telling her that I was looking for a few things in particular.  I was hoping to find a few architectural salvage pieces, ironstone and galvanized buckets.

I found it ALL and then some!

We came across a vendor who had a stack of my buckets and since I don't OWN a poker face, I don't wheel-n-deal so well.  It doesn't help when my sister hollers from across the path -
"hey, are those the organized buckets you wanted??"
Huh, she was kinda listening :)
Needless to say I got my "organized" buckets!

But HERE is the real find of the day... Ironstone.
At .50 EACH I was beside myself. 


Flow Blue... Recognize the name?  I did. It's one of my favorite MMSMP colors :)

Wedgwood Ironstone!  It's got great patina and crackling that the picture just doesn't show.

I had a great morning with my sister and I can't wait until a time when she lives closer again.
Love you Lisa Bugg.


No comments: