Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Holey Cabinet

Whew! I gotta tell you I wasn't sure this one was going to make it.
Remember THIS
I tore it to pieces to put it back together.  And I have to apologize, these are not great pictures I know.  Unfortunately,  I got it done after dark and we are supposed to have clouds and rain for the next few days.  It was either take pictures in the basement or wait til the weekend.  I will get it out in the open and show a few more pictures of the detail when weather allows.  The flash in the dark basement doesn't do it justice!


 When I started putting in the fabric panels, I was using the drill and kept breaking the heads off the small screws.  Upon hearing my frustration all the way from the kitchen, my husband came downstairs and gave me a lesson about "torque".  I still don't know what it is, because when he started talking I drifted away to a dreamy damask happy place.  When I returned he handed me the drill and finished with, "so that should work for you".  It did.  Thanks love!

I did some light distressing and added white touches on top of the gray.  I promise better pics soon.



Well, I'm off now.  Rick Steves is waiting for me.  He's in Paris tonight and he's taking me to see the
 Unicorn Tapestries.  Bonne nuit, mon ami!


No comments: