Sunday, March 9, 2014

What's For Dinner Grandpa?

Made a trip to the flea market this morning and found several neat things.  Bonus: Didn't spend much!  I got some vintage linens, player piano scrolls, and a new piece of ironstone.  See the dish in lower left hand corner?  It's inspiring.  No, it's magic.  I mean like magic in the way that I'll bet somebody traded their prize cow for this dish long ago.  Why, you ask.  Well, I'll tell you friends and relations... it inspired me to cook. 



Don't get me wrong, I love to cook.  Up until about four months ago, I did it frequently.  After Thanksgiving, I was trying to get ready for Christmas.  After Christmas, after Christmas is just a giant blur.  
  

  

 It wasn't just the dish though.  There was someone set up at the flea market who had avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, and onions.  Maybe I was just hungry, but I bought some.  Then on the way home the wheels on the bus started going round and round.  I hit the grocery store for the rest and here you have it.


What's your favorite Sunday afternoon meal?





No comments: