Saturday, August 9, 2014

Grain Sack Stool

I've been working on a few pieces at one time here lately.  I'll paint one coat and move on to something else, then come back to the first to finish.  I picked up this stool Thursday evening.  I went to a new auction where I saw some beautiful antiques, but not much I could afford.  This little stool was very sturdy and hand made so I grabbed it when no one else bid.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do until this morning.  I forgot to take a pic before I started, but you get the idea, it was just a pine stool. 




 I did a base coat in Annie Sloan.  This is STILL the can that I've been using since March.






Things like this, I turn upside down and paint first.  It makes it soooo much easier.  When the white was dry, I dabbed on a little vaseline on the rungs.  This makes distressing easier later.






 I was still just playing with it, when I did a second coat in this great Williamsburg Blue.   It's one of my favorite places AND colors!






I left the seat white and let it chip.  I taped off for the stripes, painting the dark ones first and letting them dry. Then I painted the lighter blue on the inside.




I waxed it with with the white wax I've been experimenting with.  I've made my own, but I'll tell 
you about that later.



I just love the way it turned out!!






..close up detail

So here's my Saturday morning.  My sister was in town this weekend and we hit a few early morning yard sales.  I can't wait til she's home for good.


Happy Saturday
Thanks for reading :)

No comments: