Thursday, January 29, 2015

TV's Are Ugly

Well, that about sums up this post.
I started this post the day before my gravity check adventure so I thought it was about time
 I finished it.

I've never been a fan of TV's beyond their entertainment value.  I'm sure there are people who have the ability to incorporate them flawlessly into their design and never miss a beat.  I'd have more luck turning a hippopotamus into a side table than I would making a TV stylish.  So, I hide them.  And yes, I hold similar prejudice to stereos, surround sound, modems and routers.


This cabinet was originally my parents and was born knotty pine.  It held the TV in the living room.


Until the TV grew up...
So, our TV has now outgrown it's cabinet and needed a new home.


I swapped the dining room buffet and cabinet.
It feels a little heavy for the dining room since there's already 2 cabinets in there, but it's the only option for the moment.


I've been staring at the blank space above the TV now for 2 months and I can't decide what if anything should go there.  With so much else going on in the room, I'll likely leave it as is.


Either way I love my Mama Louise's buffet in the living room.  If you don't remember, it's painted in MMSMP French Enamel and is the first piece I ever did in Milk Paint.

      


Am I alone in this or does anyone else have TV trauma?
Id love to know!

Thanks for reading, sweet friends and relations.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you on the TV and electronics issue. In fact! I have the same pine cabinet that previously held our TV until as you said "it grew up". The buffet provides a nice home for your new larger set and the pop of color is a great touch. I've also been thinking about giving my pine cabinet a makeover with milk paint, and seeing how yours looks painted, I think I may have to move mine up on the list of pending projects that I have. Congratulations on being featured on Milkpaint Masterpiece Monday!
Dorene @ seasonalchapters.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Dorene! Go for it, you'll be happy you did :)